Stevens Home Inspections LLC, hereinafter known as the INSPECTOR, agrees to conduct an inspection for the purpose of informing the CLIENT of major deficiencies in the condition of the property at: _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________ . THE WRITTEN REPORT IS THE PROPERTY OF THE INSPECTOR AND THE CLIENT. Transfer of the report to ANY OTHER PERSON OR COMPANY does not change the fact that the original agreement was between the CLIENT and the INSPECTOR
1. This inspection of the subject property shall be performed by the INSPECTOR for the CLIENT in accordance with the Alabama State, Standards of Practice‐‐‐‐ posted at http://bc.alabama.gov/chapter170x25.htm.
2. Building component requirements established by various insurance companies may not be consistent with the State of Alabama Standards of Practice and are therefore not included within the scope of this inspection.
3. The inspection service is conducted at the property. The physical on‐site inspection of the property is a very valuable time of exchange of information between The INSPECTOR and the CLIENT. Any particular concern of the CLIENT must be brought to the attention of the INSPECTOR before the inspection begins. The written report will not substitute for the CLIENT'S personal presence during the inspection. It is virtually impossible to fully profile any building with any reporting system, and unless the CLIENT attends and participates in the inspection process itself, the CLIENT will miss the opportunity to gain all the information that is available. The undersigned have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions of this agreement and agree to pay the charges specified below: The CLIENT agrees to pay a base fee of $_________ plus any additional fees, as mutually agreed, which are not included in the base fee at or before the time of inspection.
4. The purpose of this inspection is to identify and disclose visually observable major deficiencies of the inspected systems and items at the time of the inspection only. Detached buildings are not included, except as detailed in the Inspection Report.
5. It is the goal of the inspection to put a home buyer in a better position to make a buying decision. Not all improvements will be identified during this inspection. Unexpected repairs should still be anticipated. This inspection is not intended to be technically exhaustive nor is it considered to be a GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE CONDITIONS OF THE PROPERTY, ITEMS AND SYSTEMS INSPECTED AND IT SHOULD NOT BE RELIED ON AS SUCH. The INSPECTOR shall not be held responsible or liable for any repairs or replacements with regard to this property, systems, components, or the contents therein. The INSPECTOR is neither a guarantor nor insurer. Claims against the INSPECTOR shall be limited to the cost of the inspection
6. THE INSPECTION AND REPORT DO NOT ADDRESS AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO ADDRESS CODE AND REGULATION COMPLIANCE, THE POSSIBLE PRESENCE OF OR DANGER FROM ASBESTOS, RADON GAS, LEAD PAINT, UREA FORMALDEHYDE, SOIL CONTAMINATION AND OTHER INDOOR AND OUTDOOR SUBSTANCES. THE CLIENT IS URGED TO CONTACT A COMPETENT SPECIALIST IF INFORMATION, IDENTIFICATION, OR TESTING OF THE ABOVE IS DESIRED.
7. The CLIENT agrees to a one year limitation from the date of the inspection to file any claim against the INSPECTOR. In the event of a claim against INSPECTOR, CLIENT agrees to supply INSPECTOR with the following: (1) written notification of adverse conditions within 10 days of discovery; and (2) access to the premises. Failure to comply with the above conditions will release INSPECTOR and its agents from any and all obligations or liability of any kind.
8. The parties agree that any litigation arising out of this Agreement shall be filed only in the Court having jurisdiction in the County in which the INSPECTOR has its principal place of business. In the event that CLIENT fails to prove any claims against INSPECTOR in a court of law, CLIENT agrees to pay all legal costs, expenses and fees of INSPECTOR in defending said claims.
9. If any court declares any provision of this Agreement invalid, the remaining provisions will remain in effect. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between the parties. All prior communications are merged into this Agreement, and there are no terms or conditions other than those set forth herein. No statement or promise of INSPECTOR or its agents shall be binding unless reduced to writing and signed by INSPECTOR. No change shall be enforceable against any party unless it is in writing and signed by the parties. This Agreement shall be binding upon and enforceable by the parties and their heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assignees. CLIENT shall have no cause of action against INSPECTOR after one year from the date of the inspection.